Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Concert Was Amazing

OMG! Garfunkel was amazing! I can't believe that I actually saw him preform! He sounded really good and not old at all. He preformed mostly his songs although he did do several SIMON & GARFUNKEL songs including: The Boxer, Bridge Over Troubled Water, For Emily Wherever I May Find Her, and Sounds of Silence. I had hoped that he would sing Mrs. Robinson, but the show was not marred in any way with the absence of this song. I did however discover a new favorite written and sung by Art Garfunkel called Bright Eyes. I immediately fell in love with this song as its haunting notes sung live brought tears to my eyes as no other song had in a very long time. As well as singing, Garfunkel shared some of his writings with us about some of his experiences. He introduced the audience to the fact that he had a three-year old son named Boe(?) and then he sang an exquisite lullaby. I'm so glad that I had the chance to experience the magic of such and amazing voice!

Goodnight all!
PS: Simon and Garfunkel are going to be on tour together later this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment