Monday, December 21, 2009

Passive Reflections

As you will probably guess from the title of the blog and well, the whole blog in general :0), I absolutely LOVE hippies and teh 1960s. Anyway the other day I was arguing with my brother which is not an uncommon activity for me; he's 13, you do the math. I guess it doesn't really help that we both have very strong Irish tempers. ;) So we were arguing and I punched him lightly on the shoulder and he acted as if he'd just been brutally mugged. He was like, "you are so violent". I started thinking. So many people out in the world pray or wish or hope for peace, but thoughts are not actions. I want peace but what do I do to further it? Hippies are awesome and I consider myself one, but my dad made a good point......it's not like I can call myself a hippie and then only live up to parts of the mantra. I realized that I really should keep my temper under control. I have decided to try and keep hold of my temper as much as is possible. I'm going to try and stop picking fights with my brother and live a more peaceful life. I really want to start yoga and meditaion....both of which I hope will make me more even tempered.  Live in peace and love my lovelies!
~B

No comments:

Post a Comment