Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Woodstock 1969

This August is the 40th anniversary and the reminder of this really got me thinking. I discovered the existance of this awesome festival last summer when researching music from the 60s. Since then, the idea of a rock festival with communal living has held my interest. I'm not so enthused about the rampant drugs and all the booze, but I believe that Woodstock would have been an experience that would have impacted my life forever. I love most of the music played there. I especially would have liked to see The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson's Airplane, and many others. I would love to just spend three days with my friends and friends I'd met at the festival and just listen to the music that we all love. That may be an imagined version of events, but I still would have loved to visit this historic event. I really wish there was a time machine that would allow me to experience both the Summer of Love and the Woodstock....without messing up some stupid timeline or another.

2 comments:

  1. You and me both, if I could go back to ANY decade, it has to be the 1960s. I'd go to Woodstock to hear music, not do nasty drugs or anything, go to New york to see The Beatles play live at Shea Stadium, all kinds of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ma'am:

      Woodstock was the most horriblist thing going. I was not a big music fest like you think. It was a gigantic drug party and trouble making. It was the start of wrecking THIS GREAT NATION OF OURS. This country was a wonderful and safe place to live in until its down fall start WITH THE ROTTEN 60S HIPPIES. I WAS ALIVE DURING THIS HORRIBLE MESS SERVING IN THE ARMY DURING THE VIET NAM WAR. When I arrived back home after service I WAS GREETED AT WORK BY HIPPIES AND THEY DARN NEAR KILLED ME. SO YOU CAN TAKE YOUR LOVE FOR WOODSTOCK AND HIPPIES AND SHOVE THE UP WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE.

      Delete